Current vacancies at PMB Defence
PMB Defence is a world leading manufacturer of submarine battery systems, which started delivering and supporting the main storage batteries for Australia’s Collins Class Submarines in 1989. PMB Defence has now grown its business by winning various local and international contracts such as suppling submarine battery systems to Canada, the United Kingdom and other international customers, including developing and integrating new technology battery solutions for Australia’s Collins Class under a contract with the Defence Science and Technology (DST) group. PMB Defence is also under contract with Naval Group, the prime contractor for Australia’s Attack Class Future Submarine Program. Having recently relocated into a world class new manufacturing factory, PMB is a customer focussed defence systems and energy solution provider that is committed to providing world leading and high standard products and services to our customers.
About the role
This is an exciting newly created role due to growth in the business and an increase in contracts. The role will report to the Procurement Officer as part of the Commercial and Contracts team. Key responsibilities will include:
- providing procurement services and support to manufacturing projects, including technical procurement;
- contributing to the ongoing development, maintenance and implementation of procurement policies and procedures;
- maintaining accurate supplier contact details and lead time data;
- preparing orders for goods, materials and services;
- managing and administering purchase orders and contracts;
- coordinating local Bill of Materials;
- managing transport and logistics coordination for incoming and outgoing goods.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
We are seeking applications from candidates with formal qualifications in procurement and MRP or a relevant discipline, together with several years practical hands on experience. Previous experience in defence, electronics or a high tech based industry environment will be highly desirable. The successful candidate will have excellent time management skills and the capability to prioritise competing demands, ensuring attention to detail. The ability to work in a fast paced environment is essential, as are high level communication, negotiation and stakeholder management skills, and a strong team focus.
This position will be required to:
- Hold a current police clearance
- Successfully pass a pre-employment medical and Drug & Alcohol screen
- Undertake six monthly lead in blood testing
- The ability to obtain an NV1 Australian Defence Security clearance (essential), or hold an existing clearance (desirable)
How to apply
Please click here to apply.