Current vacancies at PMB Defence
How to join the PMB team?
With our commitment to becoming the recognised world leader for leading-edge defence systems and energy solutions in the global marketplace, PMB is always looking for innovative, motivated professionals join our team.
You don’t necessarily need to have defence experience but you will need to be adaptable, flexible and align with our values – if this is you, we would welcome your Expression of Interest to register for our talent pool.
To learn about more employment opportunities at PMB, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our current vacancies are listed below – please apply directly through the link in the advertisement on SEEK.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Production Worker – Multiple Vacancies
PMB Defence has multiple Production Worker vacancies available for an immediate start. The successful applicants will be working with a world leader manufacturer of submarine battery systems, in our brand new state of the art facility in Osborne. You must have previous experience in a production / manufacturing role. There are opportunities for overtime as well as occasional weekend work. These are rare chances to join a very stable company going through a significant growth phase. Secure your future and apply now.
Your duties will include
- Manufacturing products to exceptional standards
- Interpret instructions and work with SOPs
- General housekeeping activities
- Production / process duties
- Work to a high WHS standard
- Basic quality and testing checks
What do you need to be successful?
- Have previous experience in a similar production/manufacturing position
- Ability to be available for shift work, therefore those with their own transport or ability to reliably get to the premises should apply
- Be an Australia Citizen and be South Australia based
- Hold a current police clearance from the past 6 months or be willing to obtain one
- Be comfortable undertaking regular Lead in Blood testing
- Successfully pass a pre-employment medical with a Drug and Alcohol screen
To be considered for these roles, please contact our partner Agencies:
Michael Hatswell – All Staff Resources – email@example.com
Stuart Johnston – Red Appointments – firstname.lastname@example.org
Savika Vannea – Randstad – email@example.com
Janet Kirton – Drake International – JKirton@au.drakeintl.com
Senior Mechanical Engineer
About the role
We are seeking a highly motivated and proactive Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our New Technology Team.
PMB’s New Technology team is the innovation centre of PMB Defence. The team are focussed on developing new products for our customers across conventional and nuclear submarine platforms, as well as investigating new and emerging opportunities outside of our traditional space. This is about more than just batteries; this is about building systems that enhance the capability of our customers products.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you would be responsible for bringing an innovative and strong technical mindset to the team to support the development of new system designs from concept through to manufacture and installation. Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the Mechanical engineering design and development of new and existing projects and products.
- Working with the project manager to meet internal and external milestones and budgets.
- Preparing and leading technical design reviews – internally and externally.
- Reporting to the customer on technical progress – you will be asked at times to take the lead on communication with the customer and be responsible for building a strong rapport with them.
- Working with multi-disciplinary team of mechanical, electrical, electronic, and electrochemical engineers and scientists to develop a cohesive technical solution.
- Leading technical draftspersons in the design of mechanical and structural sub-systems in Autodesk Inventor and developing and maintaining a product baseline.
- Leading the development and test programs for new products.
- Planning and overseeing the testing of new products including shock, environmental and thermal tests.
- Approving technical reports such as design documentation, test procedures and test reports to be issued to the customer.
- Providing expertise and advice as required to production departments in support of existing contracts.
The successful candidate will have:
- Several years’ experience in a design role, with either experience or the ambition to step up to lead projects.
- Experience in design and product development, with skills in mechanical and thermal design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Systems engineering processes and techniques, with a focus on verification and validation (desirable)
- Experience in design for naval/defence engineering (desirable)
- Experience in conducting engineering first principles calculations to evaluate early concept designs.
- Proficiency with the use of CAD tools for 3D design modelling and preparing manufacturing drawings.
- Previous experience with testing techniques and equipment including the use of strain gauges, accelerometers and thermocouples (highly desirable)
- Experience with processing test data using python or a similar programming language (desirable)
- Experience in battery systems (desirable, but not required)
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a logical and methodical manner
- Ability to read an interpret applicable Australian, Defence and industry standards
- Enjoying working as part of a supportive team to meet team objectives
- Proactivity and willingness to be flexible and adaptable
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline (Mechatronic, Aerospace, Automotive or similar)
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical and Drug & Alcohol screen
- The ability to obtain an NV1 Australian Defence Security clearance (essential), or hold an existing clearance (desirable)
- Ability and willingness to travel overseas if required for (notionally) 2-4 week periods
How to apply
To apply, please click here.